Melvin Brewing Jobs
Interested in working with Melvin Brewing? Well you’ve come to the right place! Below are a list of our current job openings. Please read through carefully and respond via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Melvin Brewpub General Manager
Title of Position: Restaurant General Manager
Reports to: Regional Manager/VP of Operations
As a Melvin Brewpub General Manager, you must be a self-motivated, dedicated and outgoing leader who can manage a team with respect, honesty and knowledge while promoting the culture and values of our Company. As the General Manager, you must also be highly organized, detail oriented, with the ability to value change and to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. It is also important the General Manager displays excellent communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills as well as a dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
Melvin Brewpub Managers understand and embody our identity and culture. You must be able to do the daily mundane procedures and interactions with genuine empathy.
- Controlling day to day operations (quality control, guest experience, schedule, etc.)
- Managing day-to-day financial controls, regulating labor and costs of sales.
- Maintain, educate and train for proper and consistent execution of all our products.
- Facilitate ongoing development, training and evolution of staff.
- Administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Foster a positive and productive working environment.
- In a serving capacity, provide leadership and an example worth following while creating authentic and memorable guest experiences.
- Competent understanding of controlling food/beverage costs.
- Strong background in beer, wine and spirits and a desire to share that knowledge with the staff through educational seminars.
- Effectively and efficiently manage restaurant by following the best practices of the Company and Melvin Brewing Standards to ensure Guest satisfaction and profit maximization
- Manage day to day operations during scheduled shifts that includes daily decision making, Team Member support, Guest interaction, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness
- Work with EKM to Optimize profit by scheduling labor efficiently and ordering food and supplies to maintain appropriate inventory, portion correctly, minimize waste, etc.
- Prepare end of shift reports including Daily Labor, Food Control and Daily Sales
- Immediately resolve equipment problems, practice good preventative maintenance on store assets
- Increase sales by ensuring guest satisfaction and prompt problem resolution
- Exemplify and recognize acts of leadership and quality to ensure 100% Guest satisfaction
- Exercise good judgment and decision making in escalating concerns and aggressively resolve issues
- Ensure the environment in the restaurant supports our core values, taking care of OUR Team Member’s, Guests and Company
- Responsible for compliance with OSHA, local health and safety codes as well as Company safety and security policies. Emphasize safety, sanitation and security awareness, and ensure that Team Members are properly trained to create a safe work environment
- Maintain food quality standards for the restaurant by working closely with the EKM
- Ensure line checks are done in accordance with Company standards
- Enforce the cleanliness of the kitchen by maintaining to specified standards
- Responsible for the selection, on boarding and retention of Team Members through motivation, recognition, coaching and development
- Responsibly delegate and follow up on tasks while remaining accountable overall for all brewpub team members
- Regularly measure and evaluate service standards by using various feedback tools to develop and implement plans for continuous service improvement
- Adhere to Federal, State and local laws in addition to Company policy (regulate compliance with work authorization/liquor service/wage and hour laws and, where applicable, break requirements), holds team members accountable to these standards
- Set performance expectations and monitor training process to ensure quality of training
- Prepare and conduct performance appraisals and one to ones within assigned department and take any necessary disciplinary action in line with Company standards
- Ensure complete and timely execution of any brewpub events and local marketing programs.
- Champion and adhere to all Company standards and policies including the Code of Conduct, Attendance and Uniform and Appearance policy
- Resolution oriented/protects Company assets; prevent /diffuse situations that create potential risks to the organization
- Must have a minimum 3 years of F&B Management experience, preferably in a high volume food/beverage service operation
- High volume background; must have GM experience in restaurants doing over $2 million in sales per year
- Must have experience and knowledge of State and local laws for legal sale of alcohol.
- Must possess a Servsafe/Food handlers card or equivalent.
- Certified Beer Server or higher certification preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Previous experience with Point of Sale systems is a must.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Outstanding work ethic and drive to succeed
- Hands-on with hiring, training, and developing hourly employees
- Ability to increase sales and build rapport in the community
- Melvin Brewpub GMs must be proficient with financials (P&L’s, inventory, food/labor cost, etc.)
While performing the duties of this position, the worker is exposed to inside environmental conditions, extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, and moving machinery.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
If you’re the right person: send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com — Subject: Restaurant General Manager
Colorado Field Hoperative
Sales Representative will be responsible for growing total territory revenue versus the prior year through distributor management to meet ABP. We are growing exponentially and need motivated individuals who can keep up.
- Work autonomously to establish, develop, and grow a strong base of on-premise and off-premise accounts.
- Increase the availability and visibility of products in new and existing on- and off-premise accounts through prescribed programs, POS, and signage.
- Participate in and create evening and weekend promotions and assist with special events.
- Complete daily account visit reports, monthly expense reports and other surveys and reports as required.
- Create and execute compelling, fun, memorable events that will be referred to by all who attended as “once in a lifetime” (even if they’re wrong about that, because we do this s*** all the time)
- You will challenge everyone’s notion of what great, consistently excellent beer and beer drinking is, including your own.
- Know how much madness you can deliver, and live right at that line.
- Secure display space, shelf space and share of cold box. Improve Melvin status by building displays, resetting cold boxes, and increasing visibility though point-of-sale.
- Develop proposals for prospective customers and deliver persuasive sales presentations.
- Maintain positive business relationships and communication with account owners, managers, buyers.
- Identify and successfully expedite sell to new customers through your distributor.
- Provide excellent customer service through developing a regular call patterns to: book displays, place permanent point of sale, plan promotion activities, offer after sale follow-through, provide craft beer education, etc.
- Introduce and sell in new brands and packages including activities to support sell through.
- Create and implement programs designed specifically for on-premise Accounts through Sales Director and Distributor within limits of budget to support ABP.
- Conduct distributor, waitstaff / bartender education seminars.
- Create reasons for everyone in the shop to rave about Melvin, all the time
- Identify accounts that can carry every one of our SKUs, make sure they do. For accounts not capable of that, help them build towards it.
- Every account you call on should understand that you’re there to improve their business and help them achieve their goals.
At Distributor level:
- Work with distributors to build share of mind and awareness of our portfolio and programming at distributor level.
- Leverage and marshal their time, duplicate your efforts through them.
- Work to manage inventory levels to support your success in market (keep the beer fresh and in stock)
- Create a team of Melvin sales people, like zombies they’ll infect each other until there’s only a small, rag tag band of hold outs who don’t drink and rave about our beer.
- Assist in distributor craft beer education, creating a team of consultatively selling beer experts.
- Partner with distributors to ensure fulfillment of accounts’ needs.
- Perform beer samplings, tastings, beer dinners, and event promotions.
- Convince them that we’re from the future, and represent everything to them.
- Remind them that having fun is a daily necessity for people
- Blow their minds, all the time
- Teach them about why craft beer is rad, craft drinkers are the best and how some corporations rob them of choice and experience. All that will feed into why it’s important to support companies who support people and the creation of rad lives for their staff.
Sales people should:
- Be an energetic, unrelenting, enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-disciplined, competitive, assertive, confident, goal-oriented self starter with the desire to succeed.
- Be able to work independently and with the rest of the sales and marketing team to accomplish goals.
- Be able to manage a territory from a home-office base.
- Be very organized in order to manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Have excellent problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Be outgoing and friendly.
- Be able to travel daily, work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Be proficient with both email and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Commit to constantly improving knowledge of: beer, Melvin products and the general beverage industry.
- Understand that we sell nothing, we help people buy the stuff they need (in this case the best beer ever from the most fun brewery that’s ever existed)
- Be able to balance work and play (or possess no difference between the two)
- Know that when we say work and play are the same, it’s true, so long as your hitting or beating every single one of your goals.
Salespeople will have:
- A safe driving record.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A registered, insured, and dependable vehicle.
- The ability to drive to and from accounts continuously.
- The ability to lift & move cases of beer frequently, climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange & display point of sale.
- A totally unquenchable desire to be best at what they’re doing, by their own definition (that they’ve shared and developed with the crew at Melvin)
Salary DOE: Phone allowance, car allowance, IRA, Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, access to free and discounted ski passes, and some pretty great beer!
If you’re the right person:send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org -Subject Colorado Field Hoperative
The Staff accountant is to provide a variety of job duties to include:
Process incoming Sales Orders, input accurate Delivery data, complete A/R invoices and data entry. Create BOLs for every delivery, and communicate shipping information to our customers. Requires a strong attention to detail and working knowledge of accounting policies and procedures. Track sales of product in every state, and file appropriate state reporting monthly. Track monthly expense reports of Sales and Marketing Team members. Perform monthly credit card reconciliations and bonus calculations. Communicate with Sales Team on budget issues. Track daily, weekly and monthly sales of Merchandise through our company on-line store, reconcile incoming payments with sales documents.
- File and sort incoming invoices.
- Perform data entry of high volume invoices into the accounting system.
- Process account reconciliations.
- Receive and respond to Customer call inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Other duties as needed
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least associates degree or 2 yrs of college or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accurate data entry skills
- Must know how to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and internet explorer
If you’re the right person: send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com — Subject: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Lead Cellarman and Head Brewer
The Cellar Worker is responsible for the duties involved with the fermentation cellar and all beer released to packaging. The quality of our beer is our primary focus and can be greatly affected by the cellar processes. Ensuring quality must be the Cellar Worker’s primary focus.
The Cellar Worker is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing fermentation and conditioning tanks, as well as transferring beer from tank to tank, ensuring the beer is transferred in an aseptic manner. The Cellar Worker is also responsible for monitoring the fermentation of beer, the cooling of fermenting and conditioning beer, and carbonating beer to the correct level. The Cellar Worker also cleans and sanitizes product lines and other equipment as well as the general working environment in the cellar. Cleaning duties will include floors, outsides of tanks, parts, floor drains, filtration/centrifuge equipment, racks and containers. The Cellar Worker is also responsible for checking dissolved oxygen of the beer, and any other task in the cellar that is deemed necessary. No job is too big or too small.
- Operate cellar equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
- Maintain yeast disposal/harvest, and grain area cleanup schedule.
- Perform all tasks in an efficient, safe and productive manner.
- Maintain inventory as needed. Report all low levels of inventory to your supervisor when necessary.
- Operation of centrifuge.
- Monitor gravities, temperatures, DO, off flavors and carbonations daily.
- Perform FV and BBT CIP’s, while maintaining our quality focused SOP’s.
- Be responsible for ensuring that security procedures are adhered to throughout the building.
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with Melvin Brewing staff.
- Arrive to each shift on time with a positive attitude.
- Assist other departments when necessary, including but not limited to brewing, and QC.
- Follow all SOPs and safety protocols.
- Make observations of efficiencies and inefficiencies.
- Make recommendations for equipment and processes with formal reports or an email.
- Contribute to improvements and processes required to gain efficiency and quality assurance in the cellar department.
- Contribute to the evolution of the cellar department.
- Complete special projects assigned by supervisors.
- Continue working in cellar department to learn and improve the current cellar program.
- Remain calm, flexible, and able to work through setbacks and emergencies.
- Ability to know when to ask for help from the Lead Cellarman or Head Brewer if help is needed to prevent mistakes and ultimately get the job done.
- Able to work through challenges by setting a professional and upbeat example.
- Writing and math skills necessary to accurately complete a dilution calculations, volume, flow, density, weight, length, pressure and other unit conversions, calculate beer volumes/losses, and alcohol content.
- Consistently read and write orders and draft emails.
- Ability to complete forms.
- Communicate clearly with coworkers and managers, verbally and written.
- Frequent problem solving.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in cellaring or brewing in a production brewery.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Proper use of PPE.
- Knowledge of industrial controls and instrumentation.
- Fork lift certification a plus (not required).
- Knowledge of yeast cell counts and pitching.
Physical Requirement/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Capable of standing on your feet for long periods of time, 10 hours per day.
- Physical ability to lift 55+ lbs to shoulder height.
- Ability to work in a noisy environment.
- Capable of following all safety procedures while around working with potentially hazardous machinery, chemicals etc.
- Ability to work all shifts, including traditional work days, nights and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Follow and comply with all terms and conditions as stated in the Employee Handbook.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Interested applicants should forward resume to Jobs@melvinbrewing.com with the subject line: Cellar Person
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Can line help (can packing, raw package material handling, pallet wrapping, manual cleaning, CIP)
- Brew house help (manual cleaning, CIP)
- Keg washing/filling
- Facilities maintenance-floors, drains, grounds, general facility appearance upkeep
- Forklift operation (upon certification)
- Truck/trailer loading and unloading of raw materials and finished products (using pallet jack and forklift)
- Tank and other equipment cleaning (manual cleaning, CIP)
- Equipment maintenance (lubrication, belt/bearing replacement, troubleshooting)
- Physically capable of performing daily brewery work; standing most of the day, crouching, lifting 50LBs +, climbing a ladder etc..
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and written as necessary.
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Comfortable working in a diverse environment; loud, hot, cold, wet
If you’re the right person: send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org — Subject: Brewery Assistant, or fill out an application in person at 624 County Road 101 Alpine, WY 83128.
Warehouse Assistant / Packaging
The Warehouse Assistant/Packaging
This fulltime position supports the Warehouse, which would involve shipping, receiving, and inventory accuracy. It requires someone that is dependable, has excellent customer service, and is professional in the workplace.
- Responsible for unloading incoming freight shipments and inspecting product for damage
- Ensure accuracy of incoming shipments against packing list and Purchase Orders
- Pull and rotate stock, accurate inventory of product on daily basis
- Building outgoing shipments of beer, in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist with daily and monthly inventory counts/reporting
- Safely un-box and assemble equipment as needed
- Use of software tracking system to scan in and out kegs
- Fork lift operations, for loading and unloading product
- Ability to work closely with the packaging team to resolve any inventory discrepancies
- Help out with beer packaging, and all other duties as needed.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 1 years’ experience in inventory preferred.
- 2 years fort lift driving experience preferred, but not required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maneuver 150 lbs.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills are essential to the position.
- Demonstrate teamwork behavior.
- Ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer focused.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Prior warehouse experience preferred.
- Forklift certification and experience a plus
About Melvin Brewing Company…
Melvin Brewing Company is located in beautiful, Alpine, Wyoming. Our 20,000 square foot brewing facility is about 40 miles south of Jackson Hole, WY, gateway to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. Our brewery is located on the banks of Palisades Reservoir and the Snake River, with two more rivers and vast wilderness all around. This is a ground floor opportunity with a small brewery of IPA renown. The right candidate will be responsible for daily warehouse operations of a 30 bbl brewhouse and all equipment involved in safely shipping and receiving products.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com, with Warehouse in the subject line.
Reports To: Taproom Manager
We pride ourselves on the culinary creations served from our kitchen, and are looking for an experienced and passionate Cook to help support our team. The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience preparing Thai cuisine, enjoys working in a busy restaurant environment and is capable of taking direction well and multi-tasking effectively. If you have restaurant industry experience and a passion for food prep and strong customer service, please submit an application to us today.
If you’re the right person: send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org — Subject: Line Cook
The jobs below are not currently being filled. However, we are always looking to collect resumes from qualified applicants who want to work for Melvin Brewing. If you’re interested in applying for these jobs, please do and we will reach out if and when we do hiring for them.
Reports to: Head Brewer
Qualifications or Skill Required:
- Full mobility and physical capability to safely and effectively work in a brewery environment including:
- standing up to 10 hours per shift
- stooping, bending, crouching, reaching
- manual manipulation of small parts and all equipment necessary to the job
- lifting up to 55 pounds to shoulder height repetitively
- working in often hot/wet/cold/humid conditions
- ability to walk up and down stairs throughout shift
- near and far distance sight
- Great palate for beer with sharp olfactory and taste senses
- At least two years of experience in mid-sized craft brewery
- Strong verbal and written communication capability
- Ability to work all shifts, including traditional work days, nights and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation
- High school diploma
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operation of multi-vessel, automated brewhouse
- Malt handling and milling
- CIP of brewhouse vessels
- Wort transfer
- Manual cleaning
- Basic brewery equipment maintenance
- Facilities maintenance
- Raw material and finished product handling (forklift and other equipment operation to warehouse and load/unload trucks)
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Prior warehouse experience preferred.
- Forklift certification and experience a plus
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Interested applicants should forward resume to Jobs@melvinbrewing.com with the subject line: Brewer