Melvin Brewing Jobs
Interested in working with Melvin Brewing? Well you’ve come to the right place! Below are a list of our current job openings. Please read through carefully and respond via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Field Hoperative
- Sales Representative will be responsible for developing total territory revenue to the plan through distributor management to meet ABP. As a new brand in state we’re looking to meet our potential in this market.
- Work autonomously to establish, develop, and grow a strong base of on-premise and off-premise accounts.
- Increase the availability and visibility of products in new and existing on- and off-premise accounts through prescribed programs, POS, and signage.
- Participate in and create evening and weekend promotions and assist with special events.
- Complete daily account visit reports, monthly expense reports and other surveys and reports as required.
- Create and execute compelling, fun, memorable events that will be referred to by all who attended as “once in a lifetime” (even if they’re wrong about that, because we do this shit all the time)
- You will challenge everyone’s notion of what great, consistently excellent beer and beer drinking is, including your own.
- Know how much madness you can get away with, and live right at that line.
- Secure display space, shelf space and share of cold box. Improve Melvin status by building displays, resetting cold boxes, and increasing visibility though point-of-sale.
- Develop proposals for prospective customers and deliver persuasive sales presentations.
- Maintain positive business relationships and communication with account owners, managers, buyers.
- Identify and successfully expedite sell to new customers through your distributor.
- Provide excellent customer service through developing a regular call patterns to: book displays, place permanent point of sale, plan promotion activities, offer after sale follow-through, provide craft beer education, etc.
- Introduce and sell in new brands and packages including activities to support sell through.
- Create and implement programs designed specifically for on-premise Accounts through Sales Director and Distributor within limits of budget to support ABP.
- Conduct distributor, waitstaff / bartender education seminars.
- Create reasons for everyone in the shop to rave about Melvin, all the time
- Identify accounts that can carry every one of our SKUs, make sure they do. For accounts not capable of that, help them build towards it.
- Every account you call on should understand that you’re there to improve their business and help them achieve their goals.
- Work with distributors to build share of mind and awareness of our portfolio and programming at distributor level.
- Leverage and marshal their time, duplicate your efforts through them.
- Work to manage inventory levels to support your success in market (keep the beer fresh and in stock)
- Create a team of Melvin sales people, like zombies they’ll infect each other until there’s only a small,
- rag tag band of hold outs who don’t drink and rave about our beer.
- Assist in distributor craft beer education, creating a team of consultatively selling beer experts.
- Partner with distributors to ensure fulfillment of accounts’ needs.
- Perform beer samplings, tastings, beer dinners, and event promotions.
- Convince them that we’re from the future, and represent everything to them.
- Remind them that having fun is a daily necessity for people
- Blow their minds, all the time
- Teach them about why craft beer is rad, craft drinkers are the best and how some corporations rob them of choice and experience. All that will feed into why it’s important to support companies who support people and the creation of rad lives for their staff.
- Be an energetic, unrelenting, enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-disciplined, competitive, assertive, confident, goal-oriented self starter with the desire to succeed.
- Be able to work independently and with the rest of the sales and marketing team to accomplish goals.
- Be able to manage a territory from a home-office base.
- Be very organized in order to manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Have excellent problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Be outgoing and friendly.
- Be able to travel daily, work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Be proficient with both email and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Commit to constantly improving knowledge of: beer, Melvin products and the general beverage industry.
- Understand that we sell nothing, we help people buy the stuff they need (in this case the best beer ever from the most fun brewery that’s ever existed)
- Be able to balance work and play (or possess no difference between the two)
- Know that when we say work and play are the same, it’s true, so long as your hitting or beating every single one of your goals.
- A safe driving record.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A registered, insured, and dependable vehicle.
- The ability to drive to and from accounts continuously.
- The ability to lift & move cases of beer frequently, climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange & display point of sale.
- A totally unquenchable desire to be best at what they’re doing, by their own definition (that they’ve shared and developed with the crew at Melvin)
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Interested applicants should forward resume to Jobs@melvinbrewing.com with the subject line: California Field Hoperative
Reports To: Lead Cellarman and Head Brewer
The Cellar Worker is responsible for the duties involved with the fermentation cellar and all beer released to packaging. The quality of our beer is our primary focus and can be greatly affected by the cellar processes. Ensuring quality must be the Cellar Worker’s primary focus.
The Cellar Worker is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing fermentation and conditioning tanks, as well as transferring beer from tank to tank, ensuring the beer is transferred in an aseptic manner. The Cellar Worker is also responsible for monitoring the fermentation of beer, the cooling of fermenting and conditioning beer, and carbonating beer to the correct level. The Cellar Worker also cleans and sanitizes product lines and other equipment as well as the general working environment in the cellar. Cleaning duties will include floors, outsides of tanks, parts, floor drains, filtration/centrifuge equipment, racks and containers. The Cellar Worker is also responsible for checking dissolved oxygen of the beer, and any other task in the cellar that is deemed necessary. No job is too big or too small.
- Operate cellar equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
- Maintain yeast disposal/harvest, and grain area cleanup schedule.
- Perform all tasks in an efficient, safe and productive manner.
- Maintain inventory as needed. Report all low levels of inventory to your supervisor when necessary.
- Operation of centrifuge.
- Monitor gravities, temperatures, DO, off flavors and carbonations daily.
- Perform FV and BBT CIP’s, while maintaining our quality focused SOP’s.
- Be responsible for ensuring that security procedures are adhered to throughout the building.
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with Melvin Brewing staff.
- Arrive to each shift on time with a positive attitude.
- Assist other departments when necessary, including but not limited to brewing, and QC.
- Follow all SOPs and safety protocols.
- Make observations of efficiencies and inefficiencies.
- Make recommendations for equipment and processes with formal reports or an email.
- Contribute to improvements and processes required to gain efficiency and quality assurance in the cellar department.
- Contribute to the evolution of the cellar department.
- Complete special projects assigned by supervisors.
- Continue working in cellar department to learn and improve the current cellar program.
- Remain calm, flexible, and able to work through setbacks and emergencies.
- Ability to know when to ask for help from the Lead Cellarman or Head Brewer if help is needed to prevent mistakes and ultimately get the job done.
- Able to work through challenges by setting a professional and upbeat example.
- Writing and math skills necessary to accurately complete a dilution calculations, volume, flow, density, weight, length, pressure and other unit conversions, calculate beer volumes/losses, and alcohol content.
- Consistently read and write orders and draft emails.
- Ability to complete forms.
- Communicate clearly with coworkers and managers, verbally and written.
- Frequent problem solving.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in cellaring or brewing in a production brewery.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Proper use of PPE.
- Knowledge of industrial controls and instrumentation.
- Fork lift certification a plus (not required).
- Knowledge of yeast cell counts and pitching.
Physical Requirement/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Capable of standing on your feet for long periods of time, 10 hours per day.
- Physical ability to lift 55+ lbs to shoulder height.
- Ability to work in a noisy environment.
- Capable of following all safety procedures while around working with potentially hazardous machinery, chemicals etc.
- Ability to work all shifts, including traditional work days, nights and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Follow and comply with all terms and conditions as stated in the Employee Handbook.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Interested applicants should forward resume to Jobs@melvinbrewing.com with the subject line: Cellar Person
The jobs below are not currently being filled. However, we are always looking to collect resumes from qualified applicants who want to work for Melvin Brewing. If you’re interested in applying for these jobs, please do and we will reach out if and when we do hiring for them.
Reports to: Head Brewer
Qualifications or Skill Required:
- Full mobility and physical capability to safely and effectively work in a brewery environment including:
- standing up to 10 hours per shift
- stooping, bending, crouching, reaching
- manual manipulation of small parts and all equipment necessary to the job
- lifting up to 55 pounds to shoulder height repetitively
- working in often hot/wet/cold/humid conditions
- ability to walk up and down stairs throughout shift
- near and far distance sight
- Great palate for beer with sharp olfactory and taste senses
- At least two years of experience in mid-sized craft brewery
- Strong verbal and written communication capability
- Ability to work all shifts, including traditional work days, nights and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation
- High school diploma
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operation of multi-vessel, automated brewhouse
- Malt handling and milling
- CIP of brewhouse vessels
- Wort transfer
- Manual cleaning
- Basic brewery equipment maintenance
- Facilities maintenance
- Raw material and finished product handling (forklift and other equipment operation to warehouse and load/unload trucks)
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Prior warehouse experience preferred.
- Forklift certification and experience a plus
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Interested applicants should forward resume to Jobs@melvinbrewing.com with the subject line: Brewer