Melvin Brewing Jobs
Interested in working with Melvin Brewing? Well you’ve come to the right place! Below are a list of our current job openings. Please read through carefully and respond via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Staff accountant is to provide a variety of job duties to include:
Process incoming Sales Orders, input accurate Delivery data, complete A/R invoices and data entry. Create BOLs for every delivery, and communicate shipping information to our customers. Requires a strong attention to detail and working knowledge of accounting policies and procedures. Track sales of product in every state, and file appropriate state reporting monthly. Track monthly expense reports of Sales and Marketing Team members. Perform monthly credit card reconciliations and bonus calculations. Communicate with Sales Team on budget issues. Track daily, weekly and monthly sales of Merchandise through our company on-line store, reconcile incoming payments with sales documents.
- File and sort incoming invoices.
- Perform data entry of high volume invoices into the accounting system.
- Process account reconciliations.
- Receive and respond to Customer call inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Other duties as needed
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least associates degree or 2 yrs of college or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accurate data entry skills
- Must know how to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and internet explorer
If you’re the right person: send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com — Subject: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Lead Cellarman and Head Brewer
The Cellar Worker is responsible for the duties involved with the fermentation cellar and all beer released to packaging. The quality of our beer is our primary focus and can be greatly affected by the cellar processes. Ensuring quality must be the Cellar Worker’s primary focus.
The Cellar Worker is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing fermentation and conditioning tanks, as well as transferring beer from tank to tank, ensuring the beer is transferred in an aseptic manner. The Cellar Worker is also responsible for monitoring the fermentation of beer, the cooling of fermenting and conditioning beer, and carbonating beer to the correct level. The Cellar Worker also cleans and sanitizes product lines and other equipment as well as the general working environment in the cellar. Cleaning duties will include floors, outsides of tanks, parts, floor drains, filtration/centrifuge equipment, racks and containers. The Cellar Worker is also responsible for checking dissolved oxygen of the beer, and any other task in the cellar that is deemed necessary. No job is too big or too small.
- Operate cellar equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
- Maintain yeast disposal/harvest, and grain area cleanup schedule.
- Perform all tasks in an efficient, safe and productive manner.
- Maintain inventory as needed. Report all low levels of inventory to your supervisor when necessary.
- Operation of centrifuge.
- Monitor gravities, temperatures, DO, off flavors and carbonations daily.
- Perform FV and BBT CIP’s, while maintaining our quality focused SOP’s.
- Be responsible for ensuring that security procedures are adhered to throughout the building.
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with Melvin Brewing staff.
- Arrive to each shift on time with a positive attitude.
- Assist other departments when necessary, including but not limited to brewing, and QC.
- Follow all SOPs and safety protocols.
- Make observations of efficiencies and inefficiencies.
- Make recommendations for equipment and processes with formal reports or an email.
- Contribute to improvements and processes required to gain efficiency and quality assurance in the cellar department.
- Contribute to the evolution of the cellar department.
- Complete special projects assigned by supervisors.
- Continue working in cellar department to learn and improve the current cellar program.
- Remain calm, flexible, and able to work through setbacks and emergencies.
- Ability to know when to ask for help from the Lead Cellarman or Head Brewer if help is needed to prevent mistakes and ultimately get the job done.
- Able to work through challenges by setting a professional and upbeat example.
- Writing and math skills necessary to accurately complete a dilution calculations, volume, flow, density, weight, length, pressure and other unit conversions, calculate beer volumes/losses, and alcohol content.
- Consistently read and write orders and draft emails.
- Ability to complete forms.
- Communicate clearly with coworkers and managers, verbally and written.
- Frequent problem solving.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in cellaring or brewing in a production brewery.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Proper use of PPE.
- Knowledge of industrial controls and instrumentation.
- Fork lift certification a plus (not required).
- Knowledge of yeast cell counts and pitching.
Physical Requirement/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Capable of standing on your feet for long periods of time, 10 hours per day.
- Physical ability to lift 55+ lbs to shoulder height.
- Ability to work in a noisy environment.
- Capable of following all safety procedures while around working with potentially hazardous machinery, chemicals etc.
- Ability to work all shifts, including traditional work days, nights and weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Follow and comply with all terms and conditions as stated in the Employee Handbook.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Interested applicants should forward resume to Jobs@melvinbrewing.com with the subject line: Cellar Person
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Can line help (can packing, raw package material handling, pallet wrapping, manual cleaning, CIP)
- Brew house help (manual cleaning, CIP)
- Keg washing/filling
- Facilities maintenance-floors, drains, grounds, general facility appearance upkeep
- Forklift operation (upon certification)
- Truck/trailer loading and unloading of raw materials and finished products (using pallet jack and forklift)
- Tank and other equipment cleaning (manual cleaning, CIP)
- Equipment maintenance (lubrication, belt/bearing replacement, troubleshooting)
- Physically capable of performing daily brewery work; standing most of the day, crouching, lifting 50LBs +, climbing a ladder etc..
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and written as necessary.
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Comfortable working in a diverse environment; loud, hot, cold, wet
If you’re the right person: send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org — Subject: Brewery Assistant, or fill out an application in person at 624 County Road 101 Alpine, WY 83128.
Melvin Brewing is hiring for the position of Accounting Manager. This position will be dynamic within the brewery, integrated throughout manufacturing, brewpubs, sales, accounting, and finance. This position will have primary responsibility for the general ledger, costing analysis, presentation of financials, compliance, and taxation. They will also work with management on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to develop and track budgets. They are also expected to have strong analytical skills with the ability to clearly present arguments quantitatively.
Melvin Brewing uses the OrchestratedBeer ERP, which integrates all production and financial information. The controller will audit production orders and work with brewers to confirm accuracy of all costing information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands on managing all aspects of the day-to-day accounting practices
- Maintain all areas of the Orchestrated general ledger
- Ensure good/strong relationships with customers and vendors
- Lead the month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward
- Timely prepare and explain financial statements
- Create and maintain company-wide budget
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state tax laws. This includes excise, sales and use, and property tax
- With Director of Brewing Operations, actively manage Hop and raw material contracts.
- Periodically review of policies and procedures to ensure accurate reporting
- Manage TTB, and monthly brewer reports
- Create and maintain OrchestratedBeer costing
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, including strong understating of excel, management and analysis of data
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA or CMA strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Have a minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, preferably with some of this time as a controller at a manufacturing organization with supervisory experience
- Experience with SAP ERP system, Orchestrated Beer ERP experience preferred
- MS office proficiency required
Melvin Brewing is a craft brewery, based in Alpine, Wyoming. Melvin operates a 30-BBL brew house housed 20,000 square foot facility, where it kegs and packages highest-quality craft beer for key Pacific Northwest and Mountain States markets.
Melvin Brewing Company is one of the fastest growing breweries in America! 2017’s GABF winner for Brewery Group and Brewery Group Brewer of the year! Come grow with us.
Melvin Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Melvin is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Melvin are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Melvin will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Melvin encourages applicants of all ages.
Preferred work location is Alpine, WY, but working remotely is a possibility for the right candidate.
Reports To: Taproom Manager
We pride ourselves on the culinary creations served from our kitchen, and are looking for an experienced and passionate Cook to help support our team. The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience preparing Thai cuisine, enjoys working in a busy restaurant environment and is capable of taking direction well and multi-tasking effectively. If you have restaurant industry experience and a passion for food prep and strong customer service, please submit an application to us today.
If you’re the right person: send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com — Subject: Line Cook
The jobs below are not currently being filled. However, we are always looking to collect resumes from qualified applicants who want to work for Melvin Brewing. If you’re interested in applying for these jobs, please do and we will reach out if and when we do hiring for them.
Reports to: Head Brewer
Qualifications or Skill Required:
- Full mobility and physical capability to safely and effectively work in a brewery environment including:
- standing up to 10 hours per shift
- stooping, bending, crouching, reaching
- manual manipulation of small parts and all equipment necessary to the job
- lifting up to 55 pounds to shoulder height repetitively
- working in often hot/wet/cold/humid conditions
- ability to walk up and down stairs throughout shift
- near and far distance sight
- Great palate for beer with sharp olfactory and taste senses
- At least two years of experience in mid-sized craft brewery
- Strong verbal and written communication capability
- Ability to work all shifts, including traditional work days, nights and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation
- High school diploma
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operation of multi-vessel, automated brewhouse
- Malt handling and milling
- CIP of brewhouse vessels
- Wort transfer
- Manual cleaning
- Basic brewery equipment maintenance
- Facilities maintenance
- Raw material and finished product handling (forklift and other equipment operation to warehouse and load/unload trucks)
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Prior warehouse experience preferred.
- Forklift certification and experience a plus
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Interested applicants should forward resume to Jobs@melvinbrewing.com with the subject line: Brewer