Madness days 2019 is upon us.
July 19th-20th. Melvin Brewing Megachurch.
Deep in the sleepy hamlet of Alpine, WY, there is a humming brewery located just beyond a vast reservoir where the crisp, mystical waters of the Snake River run from the Tetons. It is within the confines of these very walls that an assembly of mad brewers turn water into the true elixir of life: beer. As summer approaches, we choose not to indulge in the madness ourselves, but rather share the great riches and prosperity of the land with those we cherish most. But what is this prosperity one might ask?
It’s the motha f*cking RUCKUS. It’s the weekend we give to you: our beer flows freely from our Tap Room to your lips every day, we give you the opportunity to nourish your soul with sweet bbq in the evenings, locally made donuts, roasted coffee and breakfast sandwiches in the mornings. All you have to do is arrive on Friday, set up camp and let the weekend unfold. Welcome to our 4th year of this madness.
Purchase tickets here:
- This is a private ticketed event. Without pre-purchasing tickets, you will not be allowed on the property.
Deadline to purchase tickets is July 12. Your ticket includes camping, all the beer for the weekend and the Lyrics Born Live Performance on Friday night.
You must check in immediately after parking. You must wear your wristband the entire weekend, otherwise you will be escorted off the property. Re-entry is permitted.
Children under 21 are free but not encouraged… because madness.
- Food trucks will be onsite for purchase Friday-Sunday.
- Breakfast will be available for purchase onsite.
- The Melvin Food Truck will be open for snacks and small bites for purchase Fri/Sat/Sun 12p-4p.
- BYOF! Feel free to bring your own food and camp stove to cook out onsite. We will have grills to cook ya meat!
- Lyrics Born will be performing on Friday night with a live band.
- DJ Cut la Whut will be performing Friday and Saturday
- More special guests will be announced soon…
- You ticket includes fresh Melvin beer for the entire weekend. We will also be tapping some one-off kegs just for you!
- Bring your best bottle! The Goed Zuur official bottle share is on Friday from 4–6p. We will also be pulling nails from our barrels!
- We will have a guest tap open all weekend to tap kegs! Feel free to bring kegs/cans of your favorite beer for all of this beer community to enjoy.
- You must be wearing a wristband to be on the property or to be served at any time.
- Please tip your bartenders. We love them!
- Check in begins at noon on Friday, July 19th. Please bring your ticket (digital or printed) and your ID.
- You will receive a wristband upon check in. If you are seen without your wristband at any point during the weekend, you will be escorted off the property.
- RV, car and tent camping is available on the Melvin Brewing property. First come, first serve basis
- We have outdoor showers with hot water for your dirty body needs.
- Our property borders BLM land. BLM land is available to anyone to camp on. Click HERE for details.
Furry friends are welcome. Please keep fido out of the brewery and on leash at all times. Always, pick up the poop. You are responsible for your own pet at all times. Please be considerate and responsible, dog moms and dads!
We love kids, they are the future, but Melvin is not responsible for entertaining them this weekend. Bring your own toys!
- River rafting by Lewis and Clark
- Wake surfing by Teton Surf Co.
- Stargazing by Wyoming Stargazing
- 2x4 Man Bonfire
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding
- Disc Golf
- Yoga by Sivanna
- Fly Fishing by Westbank Anglers
Getting to Madness Days in Alpine, Wyoming
Most folks are flying into Jackson Hole (JAC) Thursday the 18th or Friday the 19th and flying out Sunday the 21st. Many folks are coming in early and leaving late so that they can gander at Grand Teton National Park on Sunday and Monday. Bring your tents and sleeping bags.
Here is the recommended way to do Madness Days, the following is what many distributors have done to help lower the costs (JAC is a really expensive airport in July) and make the camping situation more comfortable for their teams:
Fly into Salt Lake City (SLC) and rent an RV, fill up the fridge with food and drive 4 hours to the brewery. It’s a beautiful drive through the mountains. If you drive up on Thursday, the mountain town next to us, Victor, Idaho, has a music and beer festival where they shut down the entire town and party, it’s all time. After that, it’s a 30-minute drive to Jackson Hole and you can close down the night at Thai Me Up, our original tap room where it all started.
There is a Shuttle from SLC airport to Alpine as well.
If you are not into camping, that’s cool. There are also a few hotels in Alpine that are very close to the Brewery:
Nordic Inn – 3 Minute Drive to Brewery
The Flying Saddle – 3 Minute Drive to Brewery
The Bull Moose Lodge – Walking Distance to Brewery
Three Rivers Motel – Walking Distance to Brewery